At Health Mark Trainers we have a variety of programmes suited for virtually anyone in need of skills for effective response to medical emergencies.
Besides acquiring the skills that could mean the difference between life and death, our professionally designed courses will also develop your self-esteem as well as teamwork and communication skills.
To the right hand of this page is a list of currently available courses for which you can enrol immediately, either as an individual or as a team.
Basic Fire Safety Training
Basic fire safety training (1 Day)
To equip the student with a greater depth, knowledge and understanding of the threat posed by fire, their personnel responsibility in preventing fire and action to be taken in case of fire
- At the end of the course, the student will have acquired skills to
- Identify common classes of fire
- Select the proper type of extinguisher
- Evaluate when it is safe to fight “early stage –fire” and apply the PASS method to operate a portable extinguisher
- The nature and basic factors of fire (the chemistry of fire and the triangle of fire)
- The causes of fires
- The classes of fire
- The fire hazards
- The behaviour and characteristics of fire
- The fire prevention and protection
- Methods of fire control and extinction (the method of controlling fire).
- The principles of fire extinction.
- Fire fighting equipment and appliances.
- Portable fire extinguishers
- The management of fire emergencies.
- Evaluation procedures.
- Action to be taken in the event of fire and a roll call procedure at a fire assemble point to ensure that all the employees the visitors and the contractors are safely evacuated in `the event of fire at the place of work.